Anyone here using either ReShade or SweetFX with Open Rails?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone here using either ReShade or SweetFX with Open Rails?

Post  33lima on Tue 05 Dec 2017, 9:04 pm

On Elvas Tower, here...

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31076-monogameor-36-and-reshade/page__p__227496__hl__reshade__fromsearch__1#entry227496

...it's reported that someone has ReShade running in OR Monogame. I've never been a fan of these HDR/ENB graphics tools in other sims and some of the screenshots or videos showing Reshade in use in OR, Monogame or XNA, are not to my taste. I quite like this effect, though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jID9ELROp0

...which if the online translation of 'Umgebungsshelligkeit' is right, was achieved by setting Ambient [Daylight] Brightness in the OR video settings to 75%, the minimum - which I as it happens I have recently done, before realising this video was an example! And I think the slightly darker look is preferable. As seen here:

I would still fancy giving Reshade a try on OR:MG eg to increase contrast. But when I unzip the Reshade files into OR:MG, - remembering to set it during setup as 'DX10+' - I cannot run the sim. The OR menu screen loads as usual but when I hit start, it disappears for a second or two as it about to load the Activity, then rhe menu screen re-appears, No Activity from any Route seems to want to load. If I ununstall Reshade by deleting all its files and its 'Shaders' subfolder, OR:MG is back to working normally again.

I then tried SweetFX. This will not prevent OR:MG from running, but changing settings produces no visible change whatever.

As far as I can work out, I'm installing both Reshade and SweetFX correctly. I was just wondering if anyone here had any luck, before I pop the question over at Elvas Tower.

I haven't tried either product with stock OR (XNA) as despite the occasional odd shadow MonoGame is so much smoother; the few extra FPS make a significant difference for me.

33lima

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top