Making Tracks Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Making Tracks Discussion

Post  35005CP on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 7:38 pm

Hi Everyone,
Making Tracks have gone quiet in recent years. Although the website is still going, does anyone know if they are do more stuff for MSTS, or have they stopped production now (So to speak)
Thanks.

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Making Tracks Discussion

Post  slipperman12 on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:10 pm

Hi Andy,
They have done one add-on for RailWorks (or whatever it's called this week!), but I don't know if they've stopped producing new MSTS stock all together. They do appear to be switching to Downloads only.

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 8:30 pm

Hi Ged and the rest of the TSSH Footplate Crew,
Is it worth me making an approach to see their thoughts for the future? Just an idea. Always good to get MSTS moving forward and for new ideas and bugs to be ironed out?

35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  dee4141 on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm

Andy, it would be good to know what's happening. Some months ago I sent reskins to MT for upload, and they were provisionally approved pending them producing an Installer. There's been no word since.
dee4141

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 9:36 pm

Hi Danny,
I will await everybody else's thoughts on this and then we will look how to proceed. I think it should be noted to them that there are still plenty whom have a love of all things MSTS and worth proceeding with.
Danny, is right in checking with what is happening with is reskins etc, if nothing else for permission.
Be good to have these guys onboard I think and aware of our forum and causes to keep MSTS alive and kicking! Wink 

35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 9:45 pm

I have a PM on UKTS waiting for a response from Dave Babb, but as he only visits rarely these days . . .

It may be worth trying to access them via their own site?

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 10:11 pm

I have access to the MT Forum and will send a PM to Dave Babb in the hope that he looks there occasionally.  The last post to anywhere on the MT Forum was in June or July this year!

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT: 22:25 - PM sent!

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP on Tue 17 Sep 2013, 11:06 pm

Thanks Gents, but I was going to say hold fire until we had more feedback from other users of the forum and from Justin in particular.
But need must.... As they say.
What was the PM you both sent?

35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  emufarmer on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 9:19 am

Dave Babb's last comment on MT was Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:30 AM. not been heard of since

Frank
emufarmer

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 11:33 am

Hi Guys,

To be honest I have no problems with people contacting Making Tracks, as I too am interested in the future of MSTS. I don’t want to sound like fool here but I would like to point out the obvious, in that the Making Tracks team like everyone else only do the work in their very limited spare time. I have noticed myself that lately I have fewer hours in my day, even less when it comes to modelling.

If anything, I would like to find at least one person who works/worked for Making Tracks who is familiar with the bulk of the available content from Making Tracks, primarily to try and act as a support (when they can) for the products “if” Making Tracks is winding down (like I try to do for the EuropeanBahn products as I was doing modelling for them just prior to its closing down).

Justin

j3801
Admin

http://tsforum.freeclanforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 7:10 pm

Hi all,
If anyone gets any replies and can find out any ideas or plans to revive MSTS further, please can they post it here from Making Tracks members? Lets hope they can see what we are striving to achieve and that they come back out of the woodwork! Very Happy 
Thanks

35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  terrycunliffe on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 7:42 pm

I've just looked up Tony Lloyd (lumpchase) who I worked with on the Metrolink project. (he ran the MT online shop IIRC) and am amazed to find he's not been around since June last year!
terrycunliffe

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer on Wed 18 Sep 2013, 8:41 pm

Hi guys.

One of the Making Tracks team lurks around here - me.

I'm still providing support for MT products through the MT support ticket system but must admit I have limited knowledge of some of the earlier products. Dave and Tony both appear on there now and then but things are very quiet. The last products released by MT were Gordon Mackenzie's Railworks stock, but he's now set up his own website.

I'm not sure what plans Dave has for the future but, on the other hand, I haven't asked.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  NiallGray on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 8:50 am

Spoke with Dave yesterday and gave him link for this thread.

Asked if he wanted me to post a message on his behalf, he said he'd answer the PM on UKTS when he gets a chance.

Niall

NiallGray

Back to top Go down

Post  Buffy500 on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 1:23 pm

I did reply to Ged's PM on the MT Forum, but as that does not appear to have made it as far as this forum, so I've registered to make my reply.

I wrote:Hi Ged,

Niall Gray did point me to your forum, but I'm not going to register for just one answer.

The official answer is something like this, feel free to copy and paste as you wish.

MSTS is pretty much dead in the water for me now, and sales support this view, even with our very low targets (I'd be happy with sales of 200 units) things are just not worth building now.

BUT MT is not dead, merely sleeping waiting for Open Rails to reach v1.0.

I'll be honest, most MT people has drifted away and are not really in contact with me. But that said, I don't think that its impossible than one or more may return to life when we have something to work with.

There are a lot of unreleased projects which have been built with OR in mind, but until OR has settled and finished developing its hard to really finish them as you don't know whats required to make it work correctly.

The plan is that once OR V1.0 is done we'll reconsider and probably release OR versions of our better stock releases, and probably release new unseen stock.

I've been building since about 2000 and I'm just burnt out I think, without some new motivation I've lost any desire at the moment, but I'm sure its not gone completely.
I did basically build a Class 08 over the summer just to see if I can still use TSM. It appears I can.

Basically, just waiting for OR.

Buffy500

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 on Sun 06 Oct 2013, 4:53 pm

Hi Dave,
My apologies for not replying to your message on the MT Forum.  I did make a couple of visits, but they must have been before you replied.

May I use this opportunity to ask if there's any further news on reskinning of Making Tracks MSTS rolling stock.  The last information received was that MT would release them through their own site, if they met certain criteria.  

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : I have now replied to your PM on Making Tracks. Thanks.

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  gswindale on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 9:36 pm

Although Bob/Dave through the MT support ticket system should be user's primary point of contact should users have any issues with MT packs; I'm sure that there are a few of us who can help should posts come in here.

I was involved in some testing - primarily with GE2 and a bit for SCE; so I'm sure that if there are users who are encountering problems but choose to post them publicly rather than via the recommended support channels (as per the manuals); then they will get some help eventually.

(note that I only browse this forum occasionally due to it not being tapatalk enabled as far as I can make out!)

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP on Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:03 pm

I take it, that your on an Ipad or Iphone alot of the time then? Surprised 
You should still get notifications via email?
As for Tapatalk, I will look into it as I am sure it was created using phpBB. I will bring this to Justin's attention and go from there. Wink 
Cheers
Andy

35005CP

Back to top Go down

Post  gswindale on Tue 08 Oct 2013, 8:41 pm

I do get the notifications - I do tend to use a tablet device a lot of the time for viewing the forums. Keeps the focus on what I'm doing on the PC better that way Very Happy 

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  j3801 on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 9:53 am

Hi Geoff,

I too use a tablet accessing the forum, mostly if I am not on my main computer (such as if I'm in be or like now, I am in the kitchen after dinner). I'm not to sure about TapTalk, as I have this disabled on my tablet. I do have to admit to using a bluetooth keyboard with my tablet if I want to do a lot of writing. Admittedly my tablet is not an expensive one,I brought it from Aldi when I worked there (it was a birthday present for myself) and the keyboard is also from there. Mine runs on Android 4.0.3 with out any major issues.

Justin

j3801
Admin

http://tsforum.freeclanforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins on Wed 09 Oct 2013, 10:58 am

Me . . I have enough problems remembering to take my real tablets! Wink  Wink  Wink 

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top