Miniatur Wunderland

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Miniatur Wunderland

Post  Scampispeedway on Sat 26 Apr 2014, 7:13 pm

Hi Everyone, after seeing the DVD of the above I decided to have a look at it myself and can say it lives
up to all expectations.
I left Newcastle Airport on Tuesday afternoon and after a short change of flight at Amsterdam Airport
arrived in Hamburg around teatime, then took the local metro train into the main train station and from
there I had a short walk to my hotel.
The next morning I made my way using the U line to Baumwall, the nearest station and walked over the
River Elbe and then along the path to the building that held the layout and on going in I took the option
of buying a 2 day senior ticket for 18 euro's.
There is a lift to take you to the 4th floor and you could make your way along the different models on show
before dropping down to the next floor where the bottom of the high Switzerland section could be viewed
along with the areas where the Italian and Romanian sections are under construction.
From the brochure they will start the construction of the following areas France 2015, U.K. 2017 and
Africa in 2019, so it seems the development is never ending and will be worth having a look in a few
years time.
The layout can be seen using the link below :-
www.miniatur-wunderland.de
Click on the Union Jack Icon at the end of the top bar to view it in English
I returned the next day and had a further look at what was on show and it is surprising what you missed
the first time, on Friday I left Hamburg around 12.35 and after another flight change in Amsterdam I
arrived back home in Newcastle at 16.50 to typical English weather i.e. it was raining.
If anybody is interested in going over to see it, let me say they will not be disappointed, the biggest cost
obviously was the Flight and Hotel but on the whole the trip was not expensive and the experience was
worth it and would gladly do it again.

Cheers
Bob
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Re: Miniatur Wunderland

Post  Scampispeedway on Thu 01 Oct 2015, 5:43 pm

Hi Everyone, just found the following on YouTube so if you click on the link below you can see a 30min video of what is on offer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddh5WoHYBaE
it takes a little while to show the site but is worth the wait.

Bob
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum