Era Changeing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Era Changeing

Post  mikehendle on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 11:42 am

Hi,
I was wondering about era changeing on Dorset Coast,at present there is a era changeing exec to change Dorset Coast from either Network South East,SWT,and SWT 2010,I was wondering if any one with more brains than me and enjoys a challenge,could one be made for BR Steam era,the one that is now available just changes the station signs,so I thought maybe do some similar,leave the track and signals alone.

I think Dorset Coast is a Ideal route to run the new loco's and stock that has been created by Andy, Danny,Dave Robinson,Mickrik and Ian's excellent Mausell and Bullied Coaches.
Just think of some activites that could be made,Waterloo Southampton Bournemouth Weymouth,you could either do in 1 or 2 parts,loco's were changed at Bournemouth,if it is possible maybe a activity could be made,where the train arrives from Waterloo,the rear four coaches uncoupled,the main portion then moves forward,then another loco couples up to the four coaches,and then heads of for Waymouth

The Train from Waterloo could use one of Andy's MN's,the Weymouth portion Dave's Std 4 or 5,West Country,or Danny's King Arthur,or you could run a West Country Train as far as Yeovil Junction,again if possible do a loco change at Salisbury,or you could do a boat train to Southampton Docks.

I did a blank install of Dorset Coast up to V6,but left the stock and activies out,I then changed the Carspawner using Doc Martins excellent period vehicles,all Emu's for the steam era can be found in the library.

Mike

Mikeex Zuid Afrikaans Sporweg employee[i]
mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Changeing

Post  35005CP on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 12:24 am

Hi Mike,

I have approached SDTrains (Steve) about the possibility of getting his route upgrade up and running. He took a while to come back to me, but he is still going ahead with it....
Steyning Revisited is still a work in motion... It will be done in stages with the Guildford Direct.
The Waterloo leg is being developed on the Waterloo-Exeter part of this route.
I think we can all understand we have lives away from MSTS. I am starting up my own business and understand things will happen as and when anyone has time.
Cheers
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 5:23 am

Hi Andy
Many thanks for that information about Steve and his steam version of the route and nice to know he is still working on it.
In the mean time I will still use the present version.
All the best in your new venture and hope all goes well.
Mike

mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  gswindale on Sun 03 Aug 2014, 9:35 pm

Hi Mike,

Take a look at
http://members.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info.php?form_fileid=31211

It's an updated version:

About
============
This utility enables you to change the era that Dorset Coast appears to be set in so that activities appear more prototypical.
No trackwork changes are generated by the use of this utility - only the station signs are amended.

The eras available are:
BR Green (1948 - 1965)
BR Blue (1965 - 1986)
Network South East (1986 - 1996)
Original South West Trains (1996 - 2010)
New South West Trains (2010 - )

It doesn't feature any different cars at present - I had not learnt about the carspawner file at the time we developed it!

If I pick up the motivation; I may look into developing it a little further  Very Happy 

Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
gswindale

http://www.makingtracks-online.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  mikehendle on Sun 03 Aug 2014, 9:56 pm

Hi Geoff,
many thanks for the link,that was the last thing I needed as I have already altered the road vehicles and carspawner using Doc Martins wondeful period vehicles.
Mike

mikehendle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top