TrainSimDev.com

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TrainSimDev.com

Post  35005CP on Mon 18 Aug 2014, 7:32 pm

Hi everyone,
Seems TSSH is getting very busy!  Very Happy 
One thing I would like to ask though is why TrainSimDev.com is by Invitation only?? I have tried to find a way to register but I can't!  Crying or Very sad 
Thanks in advance
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: TrainSimDev.com

Post  slipperman12 on Mon 18 Aug 2014, 8:05 pm

Hi Andy,
I wouldn't want to go there anyway! They don't have any MSTS (or Open Rails) downloads  Surprised 

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins on Mon 18 Aug 2014, 10:55 pm

My understanding is that the invitation route was the preferred option when it was opened and remains the same now. One could speculate as to why but perhaps it is politic not to!

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Scampispeedway on Tue 19 Aug 2014, 8:45 pm

Hi Andy, looking at how you get accepted into the site, you must first write to admin@trainsimdev.com
and tell them what you are able to contribute and then you will get an invite to join in.
As Ged has said there are no downloads for MSTS or OpenRails available at present and I will never
contribute anything other than general help, so this means it is of no use to me and I sure many others as well.

Bob
Scampispeedway

Back to top Go down

Post  steamnut44 on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:02 am

Never heard of TrainSimDev, but having read what has been mentioned here, I wouldn't want to join. Sounds as though they are only allowing people to join if they have something to offer, if not, then on yer bike mate! I'll stick to TSSH where everyone is welcome and friendly.

Geoff  
STEAM will ALWAYS be King!   It gave us our Great British railway network, which we all enjoy through simulation
Very Happy
steamnut44

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Latimer on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:28 pm

I think it's a mistake to form an opinion of a site without having actually been there, based on comments by people that haven't been there either.

I'm a member of TrainSimDev and I find it a very friendly, helpful place. Its main focus is Railworks but I know Jim would be pleased if it could be extended to include MSTS.

I think the "invitation only" approach is a good one. It seems to me this site started as "invitation only" too.

If anyone is interested in the Railworks side, drop over to TSD and have a look around. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people there.

If anyone would like an invitation, please drop me a PM.

Bob.

Bob Latimer

Back to top Go down

Post  35005CP on Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:25 pm

Hi Bob,
I am interested in promoting ideas to the site for MSTS..
Unfortunately for me I tried Railworks on a few occasions and I didn't like the difficulty of it and the problems that came with the original product. Now it seems it has become larger and more difficult in areas. I can appreciate though the screenshots etc over on UKTS..... Just wish MSTS was a lot friendlier on Poly's etc... As I am sure it could match the other said Sim...
OR doesn't seem to be fussy on Poly's from my testing and model creations... But I still need to keep the Poly count down for everyone else whom uses MSTS... Which is obviously the Majority of us; otherwise I could really go to town on the models I am currently working on...
Cheers
Andy

Andy - TSSH Footplate Crew
35005CP

http://nineelms.freeforum.me.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  rufuskins on Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:53 am

It is not our place to comment on the pros and cons of TrainSimDev. It was only ever mentioned in the first place as they had set up their own upload/download facility. In all honesty any site that supports and promotes train simulation and in particular MSTS should always be welcome. I therefore feel that this thread should be locked.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top