Woodhead Route

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Woodhead Route

Post  neanderthal on Sat 06 Sep 2014, 1:10 pm

A little help required please,I wish to put the Woodhead route onto my Win 7 PC (I had it on my XP)but am flummoxed by the amount of downloads there appear to be.Do I have to download Versions 2, 2.2, 4.1,4.2 & 4.2 Patch,followed by 4.3 Patch,and let each one run and be added to Trainstore before I load the next,or not.please reply in very Simple terms,as I'm easily confused. Embarassed clown Very Happy Kindest Regards

Roger
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Re: Woodhead Route

Post  rufuskins on Sat 06 Sep 2014, 2:13 pm

This is from the UKTS description to Woodhead V4.1

"MSTS Woodhead Route v4.1 update - version without aerial photos *missing lorrylettering.ace now added*.

This includes:
- Host of minor improvements to the electrified Woodhead network, including signalling (particularly semaphores and the Dunford Bridge westbound oversight), amended platform markers (correcting the lack of wait countdowns), removal of a few decals where they looked a mess e.g. Dewsnap/Wath, correcting the levels around Gorton, some missing station signs, minor terrain glitches, and smoothing out some of the track imperfections; but more importantly
- Route extended from Woodhouse Junction to near Shireoaks on the line to Worksop, to connect with MidEast; and
- Route extended from Woodhouse Junction along the GCR main line to Staveley Central.

This needs Woodhead v4.03 installed before you start. You will need to have all default routes, UKFinescale and NewRoads installed, and I can’t vouch for the route running without MSTSBin. It works for me with TSection either 38 or 42UK.

Due to a host of minor changes made in v4.1 to the existing route, although the paths should work I can’t guarantee all the v4.03 activities will work in the same way. Best to download the updated activity packs I am uploading separately which are for route v4.1.

This is in three .exe parts, just download each part to a temporary folder and double-click on each .exe file in order from 1 to 3, following the instructions. There is no batch file to be run for this version but I have only tried to install like this.

There are two versions of this route - one with aerial photos as terrain textures, and one without. If you wish to change from either to the other, I have not tried this and would instead recommend just keeping your Activities, Paths, Services and Traffic folders and deleting the rest, and installing a download of the larger version with those folders copied and pasted over the top. This has the same folder name as the without aerial photos version so will overwrite it. It however does not have the same name as the old v2.2.

The track quality is not too good due to my ‘competence’ and the very complicated layouts at some locations. It may therefore be advisable to turn derailments off.
"

I haven't installed this route myself yet so can't vouch for ease. All I can suggest is that you look at V4.03 and see what that requires. Hope this hepls a little.

ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 8:33 pm

Hi All,
I'm probably going doo-lally, but I'm sure I replied to Roger's query, giving a full rundown for installing Woodhead, and I'm equally certain that he replied. Now I can't find the posts - please help before the men in white coats come to take me away (ha-ha) Shocked

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  neanderthal on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 8:42 pm

Hello Ged,You did indeed reply via a PM,when I asked how come the Map on track Viewer showed the Route as going all the way to Loughborough,when I in fact could not do so due to a giant white out.
So no need to worry,the Men in white coats aren't coming to take you away (ha ha)YET ! affraid  Regards;

Roger
neanderthal

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 8:50 pm

Hi Roger,
PHEW!! Thanks, mate Smile
I've been pruning my folders and must have deleted them by mistake!

There's a member on UKTS who's asking about installing Woodhead, which is why I was looking for my post. Can I ask that you either send my post back to me via PM, or answer the post on UKTS directly with my solution, please?

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  slipperman12 on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 10:02 pm

Hi All,
Roger and I have agreed that it'd be a good idea to post instructions here regarding the installation of the Woodhead v4.1 route!

The following is an edited version of my original PM to Roger :

NON-AERIAL VERSION
===================
v4.02 - Install the 5 files in part number order, 1 to 5 (UKTS file IDs : 29854, 29829, 29831, 29832, 29855 - ReadMe is in 29848)
v4.03 Patch (for both versions) - UKTS File ID 29931
v4.1 Update, without aerial photos version - Install 3 files in part number order 1 to 3 (UKTS file IDs : 31415, 31416, 31417)

=======================================================================================================

AERIAL PHOTO VERSION
=====================
v4.01 - The ReadMe (File ID 29784) details how to unpack and rename the files. It's only necessary to run the executable, whv4_rsetup.exe
The 10 File IDs which make up the set are : 29774, 29775, 29776, 29777, 29778, 29779, 29780, 29781, 29782 and 29783.
v4.02 Patch for aerial photos version. File ID 29869
v4.03 Patch (for both versions) - File ID 29931
v4.1 Update for aerial photos version - Install 8 files in part number order, 1 to 8. (File IDs 31369, 31350, 31370, 31371, 31358, 31359, 31360 and 31372)

=================================================================================================================================

Route-Riter reports several errors with both versions regarding missing snow textures and ESD 256 situations which will probably cause problems in snow conditions, if not corrected.  Route-Riter can do this.

I strongly recommend that you run all executables (.exe files) as administrator.

There are three activity packs for use with this great route - 1950s (File ID 31424), 1960s (31425) and Blue Era (31427) but they need a large number of downloads!!

Cheers,
Ged

slipperman12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top