18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  Markh5682 on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 5:52 am

Hi All.

I have totally given up trying to install the 18in route, (UKTS File ID: 33736) I have been farting around with it a couple of days now, I cannot even get it to install the route at all,  Angry   I run the installer, point it to the right location, then it does nothing for a few secs then says it's been installed successfully, but nothing has happened, I've tried running it as administrator, installing into different locations, but always the same result, so unless someone has an answer I give up on it.  BrickWall

Rant over, if anyone could help it would be most appreciated.  OK

I'm using Win 7 64bit.

Thanks, Mark.


Mark
avatar
Markh5682

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 63
Location : Lancashire

http://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  dforrest on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 11:48 am

Markh5682 wrote:Hi All.

I have totally given up trying to install the 18in route, (UKTS File ID: 33736) I have been farting around with it a couple of days now, I cannot even get it to install the route at all,  Angry   I run the installer, point it to the right location, then it does nothing for a few secs then says it's been installed successfully, but nothing has happened, I've tried running it as administrator, installing into different locations, but always the same result, so unless someone has an answer I give up on it.  BrickWall

Rant over, if anyone could help it would be most appreciated.  OK

I'm using Win 7 64bit.

Thanks, Mark.

Mark, the install procedure is unusual and in detailed in "ReadThisFirst.rtf". Running the install program will create a file "TrainSim18in.zip" which is in normal zip file containing the whole route, which is to be extracted to the desired location. This is all explained in "ReadThisFirst.rtf".

-----------------------
David


David
avatar
dforrest

Posts : 423
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 72
Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  Markh5682 on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 12:10 pm

Hi David.

Thanks, there is no zip file in the location specified in the installer, l did a search of the drive to see if it was somewhere else, but it came up with nothing, it says in the instructions that it will take a while to extract it to the zip file, but the installer only runs for a few secs and does nothing.

I'll try restarting the computer and running it again before I open anything else in case something is blocking it and report back, or maybe it doesn't like 64bit?


Mark
avatar
Markh5682

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 63
Location : Lancashire

http://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  dforrest on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 12:48 pm

Markh5682 wrote:Hi David.

Thanks, there is no zip file in the location specified in the installer, l did a search of the drive to see if it was somewhere else, but it came up with nothing, it says in the instructions that it will take a while to extract it to the zip file, but the installer only runs for a few secs and does nothing.

I'll try restarting the computer and running it again before I open anything else in case something is blocking it and report back, or maybe it doesn't like 64bit?

For me, the zip file was created very quickly in the folder chosen in the installer.

---------------------
David


David
avatar
dforrest

Posts : 423
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 72
Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  Markh5682 on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 1:11 pm

Just restarted and tried installing again, Avast blocked it as a malicious file, so I unblocked it and marked it as a false positive, then it extracted the zip file (at last) I installed it from the zip file then ran the installme bat file, but I got errors (GUI) and the route wouldn't start, so I copied the GUI folder from the default MSTS folder, then I got .sms file errors, so I copied the sound folder, that fixed those errors and the route loaded, I got a crossing.sms file error whilst loading the act so I copied the sound folder from the default S&C route into the 18in route folder, and finally it is working without errors. OK

Thanks David for your help. Very Happy


Mark
avatar
Markh5682

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 63
Location : Lancashire

http://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  dforrest on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 1:26 pm

Markh5682 wrote:Just restarted and tried installing again, Avast blocked it as a malicious file, so I unblocked it and marked it as a false positive, then it extracted the zip file (at last) I installed it from the zip file then ran the installme bat file, but I got errors (GUI) and the route wouldn't start, so I copied the GUI folder from the default MSTS folder, then I got .sms file errors, so I copied the sound folder, that fixed those errors and the route loaded, I got a crossing.sms file error whilst loading the act so I copied the sound folder from the default S&C route into the 18in route folder, and finally it is working without errors. OK

Thanks David for your help. Very Happy

The installme.bat file has the following lines ....

call xcopy "..\Train Simulator\SOUND\*.sms" .\SOUND\ /Y
call xcopy "..\Train Simulator\SOUND\*.wav" .\SOUND\ /Y
call xcopy "..\Train Simulator\GUI\*.*" .\GUI\ /S /Y

.... but, depending on where you installed the route, may not have found the files to copy.

------------------
David


David
avatar
dforrest

Posts : 423
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 72
Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  Markh5682 on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

That's probably it, I have MSTS on its own drive away from C: but manually copying them sorted it. OK


Mark
avatar
Markh5682

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 63
Location : Lancashire

http://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  rufuskins on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 8:31 pm

I have now managed to install the 18 inch route after copying the folders as advised above and in a PM from Mark. However the acts still wouldn't run reporting several ACE files as being missing; namely blkrevtex.acr in the woolwichstock folder as well as drvtex2.ace and me.ace in the culverin folder. I have now located the first two and copied them into the respective folders, but I have not been able to locate me.ace file. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?


ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Posts : 3403
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 69
Location : Milnrow, Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  dforrest on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 9:11 pm

rufuskins wrote:I have now managed to install the 18 inch route after copying the folders as advised above and in a PM from Mark. However the acts still wouldn't run reporting several ACE files as being missing; namely blkrevtex.acr in the woolwichstock folder as well as drvtex2.ace and me.ace in the culverin folder. I have now located the first two and copied them into the respective folders, but I have not been able to locate me.ace file. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Alec, it sounds as if you did not run the installme.bat file which is in the folder containing train.exe and not the route folder.


Last edited by dforrest on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total


David
avatar
dforrest

Posts : 423
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 72
Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  Markh5682 on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 9:19 pm

You have a PM Alec.


Mark
avatar
Markh5682

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 63
Location : Lancashire

http://www.youtube.com/user/markh5682

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  dforrest on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 9:22 pm

I have edited my post above concerning the installme.bat folder.


David
avatar
dforrest

Posts : 423
Join date : 2013-01-21
Age : 72
Location : St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  rufuskins on Sat 24 Jan 2015, 11:03 pm

My head is aching after installing this route, but I expect to get pleasure from it now. Thanks for the help everyone.


ALEC - Supporter of MSTS and TSSH!

rufuskins

Posts : 3403
Join date : 2013-01-17
Age : 69
Location : Milnrow, Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Re: 18 inch narrow gauge route won't install.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum